Monday, February 4, 2008
Microwave Turkish delight
One of the photos that I had taken for this weeks Weekly Winners, was a tin of Turkish Delight that my mother had made for my birthday. I promised to share the recipe and so here it is.. This is a microwave recipe.. Mum reckons that this is a really simple way to make a yummy sweet treat. I haven't made this yet... but It is very very yummy...
1/4 cup of powdered gelatine
2 cups of caster sugar
3/4 cup of cornflour
1 1/3 cups of icing sugar mixture
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp rosewater
1 to 2 drops of red food colouring
1 block of chocolate
1. lightly grease a slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing a 2 cm overhang at both long ends.
2. place 2 1/2 cups of hot water in a large heatproof. microwave safe bowl. sprinkle gelatine over the water. Using a fork, whisk until the gelatine dissolves. Stir in the caster sugar. microwave, uncovered on high for 5 mins.. Stir well. Microwave, uncovered on high for a further 4 to 5 minutes or until mixture is thick and syrupy.
3.whisk cornflour,icing sugar and cream of tartar into the gelatine/sugar mixture. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Stir in the rosewater and food colouring. pour into the prepared pan and refrigerate until firm.
4. this is where I would go and have a play in the garden.. maybe check my blog and sneakily read a couple of blogs.. (my computer is sort of in my kitchen hehehehe )
5. assuming that the Turkish delight has set. remove it from the pan.Using a hot knife cut into squares and put the squares on a new sheet of baking paper.
6.place chocolate in a heatproof, microwave safe bowl. Zap on high for 1-2 minutes stirring every 30 seconds..when chockie has melted, spoon it into a snap-lock bag. snip off the corner of the plastic bag and pipe the chocolate over the Turkish delight.. leave at room temperature until the chocolate has set..
* mum says to use the proper baking paper because greaseproof paper sticks like mad..
Store the Turkish Delight in the Fridge..
** warning this is very YUMMY.. don't give any to your children or partners because then you will be forced to share...
Cheers Kim xxx
Posted by frog ponds rock... at 3:13 PM