Monday, October 15, 2007

Cleaning is bad for you.

I was reading yesterdays newspaper today, when I stumbled upon
this little gem of an article. It is titled...

"For your health,skip the cleaning."

Yay, I have been telling my husband for years now,
that cleaning is bad for your soul. Now here is proof, actual proof that
cleaning is bad for your health as well...

Tada..I am not a terrible housekeeper at all.
I am being health conscious. Hooray!!!!

According to a study reported in the
American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine


Heavy use of household cleaning sprays could increase the
risk of developing adult asthma by up to 50 per cent.
Even a single weekly clean could increase the risk.
The study suggested that one in seven cases of
adult asthma could be caused by over-exposure to
household cleaning products.

I have excellent lungs. I intend to keep them too..
I am thrilled to bits, that I have found yet another
creative reason for my hopeless housekeeping...

I am Happy.

4 comments:

Veronica Foale said...

It is a rather creative reason not to clean the house, however I think I will take it and run with it.

*cough cough* Can't do the housework, it makes my asthma worse.

frog ponds rock... said...

Exactly sweety... way too risky...
xoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

I can't be happier that I can get away with not cleaning. Does that go for soap suds from doing the dishes too? The bubbles may pop and send little particals of bad health into the air.

Anonymous said...

YES!!! I knew there was a reason I couldn't see myself doing housework.