Thursday, March 27, 2008

Busy Busy Busy!!!

I have been really busy doing a whole lot, of not much at all.. In lieu of Easter eggs David had his hair coloured.. I like it. I would have posted a better pic but Dave is a typical teen and spent a lot of time making silly faces at the camera. Little does he know that I am not afraid to use the silly photos as leverage whenever I need to..* insert evil laugh.. muuawaaahahhaaa















We have had some much needed rain. Not a lot of rain but enough rain so that I don't have to buy a load of water just yet..*phew...


David stayed at Veronica's last night and is staying there tonight as well.. Thanks Vonnie the cheque is in the mail..

So today I played 'my music' and cooked all day.


Yummy slow cooked lamb casserole..


Fresh bread and bread rolls..





I took these pics after the spouse and I had sampled the rolls.. If Dave had been at home I would only have had photos of crumbs...

Thanks Vonnie the cheque really is in the mail *honest*...




My little car died yesterday.. I had gotten quite attached to my ancient little mazda. (even though I only owned it for 6 months) I really liked the fact that you only had to whisper the words petrol and wave an oily rag in its general direction...




Here is my new car...Yay!!!! shiny.. The newest car I have ever owned was an 88 magna.. This car was made in the .. drumroll please.... the gasp nineties.. Wow!!!!

My uncle has sold this shiny shiny car to me...

Thanks heaps!!!! The best thing about my new Mazda is that David can sit in it comfortably.. Yay..( he is 6 foot 3 and growing every day)

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm yummy bread, don't know about Davy's hair tho,
Luv Mum

Old Knudsen said...

Is that really yer stove or do you just fire it up for the tourists? I am quite jealous of yer bread abilities.

frog ponds rock... said...

oooh it's Mum... Hi Mum!!!! Jumps up and down excitedly...

The bread was very yummy.. The hair looks ok in real life...

frog ponds rock... said...

Yes old knudsen that is the wood heater in the kitchen. I do a lot of cooking on top of that..

cheers kim..

Anonymous said...

Oh, can I please, please come to your place for dinner? Nothing beats slow-cooked food and fresh bread! *drools*

Anonymous said...

yay to the car..

hi kimme.. :)

taz

frog ponds rock... said...

hehehehe *passes Tracey a tissue*


Hi Taz...I am sorry that I have been a bit slack answering your comments..

BenefitScroungingScum said...

Wow, I love your stove, it's beautiful! Enjoy your quality time ;)BG x x

Veronica Foale said...

Maybe you could pay me in food? Or babysitting.

Anonymous said...

Yay for a new car and rolls that you get a bite of.

Julie said...

Cool car! And yay for the nineties...I keep telling my husband I would someday like to have a car made this century -- my Suburban is a '96, his Jeep is a '97, and our son's car is a '98...

The bread looks delicious...Did you save any for Dave?

Martin said...

proper bread hmmm.

not sure about the dodgy barnet on Dave though...

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

:] Congrats on the new car! I've been out trying to find SOMETHING FLAT to send you that isn't heavy. It's probably impossible. I'll send you a few things out and hopefully they aren't things you get at your local shop. I love your outdoor pics.

The Miss of Abyss said...

I just love David's hair.

That bread is making me drool something wicked.

Top stuff about the new car. :)

Leann said...

Yummy home made bread and cooking on the woodstove.Oh do I miss my woodstove.I use to make all kinds of good stuff on it.
I love the blue cast iron kettle.I been looking for one around here.cant find where they sell them.all we have is orange and green.

Jayne said...

Yay for the new car and those bread rolls have me salivating and reminded me to get off my tush and bake my own lol ;)

Jientje said...

A "nearly" new car!!! Good for you Kim!
Your bread looks great, I made some yesterday too!
That lamb casserole ... the thought of it simmering slowly on your stove makes me drool!

River said...

The bread rolls look delicious. Could you please please please post the recipe? I tried to make bread years ago and it wasn't so good, but maybe your recipe would help............

frog ponds rock... said...

Ok river I will...

cheers kim .. don't let me forget though .... xxx

Casdok said...

Just love the hair!! And can smell the bread!! :)