Tuesday, March 18, 2008

an update..

This Map shows the fires that are burning around the state.
Going:
Fire is spreading in one or more directions. Effective control strategies are not in place for the entire perimeter.


Contained:
Whole of fire perimeter is behind identifiable control lines. The fire is not out, active fire may be within the perimeter. Firefighting activities continue to extinguish the fire. The fire could breach control lines under difficult weather conditions

Patrol:
Fire is at a stage where firefighting resources are only required for patrol purposes


The red triangle in the middle of the map is the fire that has been worrying us.. But as you can see from this sky-shot today is a much nicer day, weather wise. It has started to drizzle as I write this. So fingers crossed people, that the drizzle turns into rain and helps our firies out..


cheers kim xx


edited to add.. the fire is now contained and it is still drizzling.. yay

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rain dance time. Be safe.

Anonymous said...

good to hear..

YAY for rain.. :)

am hoping dear old Adelaide gets some too.. :)

hehe...

taz

River said...

Thank goodness, I don't have to scare the neighbours with my version of a rain dance. It's cooler here in Adelaide too. No rain yet.

Anonymous said...

hope the rain stops these bush fires, must be scary knowing how close they can get :(
take care!

BenefitScroungingScum said...

Oh that's very scary, I'm glad to hear it's now contained. Fingers crossedfor more rain! BG x x x

Unknown said...

I would do a rain dance, but given that my somewhat larger body than it used to be now wiggles in unexpected directions when doing the rain dance, there's no telling where the hell in the world the water is going to fall. So, for safety's sake, I will refrain from shaking my booty on your behalf. I will, however, go into my 'rain trance' and send good rain vibes your way. OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMM. Get your wellies out.

Kellan said...

Yes - rain would be good to help put the fires out! We get many fires here in the US - none near my home, but many in Utah and California and even Florida. I hope you stay safe. See you soon - Kellan

Anonymous said...

Good golly! I don't watch the news so had no idea there were so many fires burning over there. Glad you've had a change in weather.

Jientje said...

Ohhh, thank God for that!

Anonymous said...

Very good news.
Very good news indeed.

Old Knudsen said...

Yep fire is a scary thing lets hope you get more rain, some cats and dogs maybe.

James Higham said...

That's rather interesting - are they under control now?

I just ran a Tassie quiz, by the way.