Tuesday, January 22, 2008

It is the wrong day..

Today feels like it is Monday..( Now shoosh Julie.) It is Tuesday here in Australia, it just feels like it is a Monday because I spent all day in bed yesterday, with a bucket.. poor me*sigh*.. I am all better now, thanks xxx..

So here is Monday's Meme on a Tuesday, (stop giggling Julie..)


I was tagged for this meme by my daughter Veronica..this is a really cool made up meme.. made up by witchypoo aka pyschic geek.. ..

This meme is all about sharing handy household hints..

here are the instructions.. as copy/pasted from veronicas post.
.

Instructions:

Write your tip(s) with a link to who sent the meme to you, along with the instructions. They are better if they are your own discovery, or not widely known. Still, tips that make a difference to you are all good. After your tips, you will want to tag some friends who may even be hard up for blog fodder.

Ok.. Kim's Handy Household tip number one..

This must be done in the middle of the night.. when the Toddler or Teenager, The Spouse or the MIL are fast asleep.. Ok.. Stealth is the word here..

Try and find yourself one of those wooden playpens.. the old fashioned sturdy ones are just fantastic..Set the play-pen up in the middle of your living area, rumpus / family room or even the kitchen will do in a pinch.. then place a comfy chair and a small table right in the middle of the playpen..
Now this is the tricky part... You need to get a small electric fence unit, complete with the white tape stuff and a car battery.. run the white tape all along the top of the playpen and connect the alligator clips to the car battery terminals.. remember to connect positive to positive(+ to+)or (red to red) making sure that the battery is well away from the edge of the playpen.. We don't want anyone to be able to reach the battery at all... BUT ONLY CONNECT THE POWER WHEN YOU AND YOUR LAPTOP ARE SAFELY INSIDE THE PLAYPEN.

Tadaa now you can blog away to your hearts content, free from interruptions..Oh make sure to have your camera handy as well.. I am sure that once your loved ones have discovered the electrified play pen there will be numerous photo opportunities..

Cheers Kim.. ps. I am not going to tag anyone to do this one yet as I haven't finished yet..

13 comments:

Julie said...

You know I was giggling through the whole thing...

It's not Tuesday in Tucson yet...which means I still have 24 hours to create my "if it's tuesday it must be....T---- Tuesday" post. Gonna be fabulous. Or terrific. Or terrible...

Anonymous said...

I need one of those playpens.

Glad you are better today.

River said...

We had two playpens in our house. One was around the TV and VCR, the other was brought out at christmas and put around the tree until the kids were old enough to not pull it over on themselves. Occasionally it was used around the ironing board, but 99% of the time I ironed after the kids were all asleep. Nowadays I don't iron anything, ever.

Anonymous said...

baahaaha! Brilliant! love it!

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

i need one of those LOL

Kellan said...

This was crazy funny! I loved, "Ok.. Stealth is the word here.." - and I also loved the visual I kept getting of you - not me - sitting there in the middle of your living room inside that playpen - blogging away - Hahahahaha! Have a good TUESDAY Kim - see you later. Kellan

Kellan said...

Glad you feel better - BTW!

Unknown said...

Once, when I was a wee lad, I was crossing an electrified fence. Keep in mind, I was only 7 or 8 years old and I had NO IDEA what kind of fence it was. I was just trying to get out of the way of the cows I could see coming my way - they were on their way back to the barn - they went that way, every day, same time, like clockwork. And I was in their path. Been out exploring, don't you know. Waking up to my environment, so to speak. This fence was set to deliver a low voltage down the line every 30 seconds. The farmer had put up this fence to keep the cows from wandering off into the lake, which was nearby. I had one foot on one side and one foot on the other side and both hands on the wire when that charge came down the fence. Let's just say that there's a certain part of my anatomy that tingles every time I remember that moment- and the subsequent short flight through the air and the crushed cowpie and the odor and the panic I could hear in my mother's voice as she came running. Yes, ma'am. Still tingles.

frog ponds rock... said...

I thought you might be julie..hehehe

Veronica, when you get your new house I will get your Daddy to build you one sweetheart..

River.. Yep us too! Half of the play pen was a barrier around the woodheater. The other half was used to turn my 'very high' bed into something resembling a giant cot.

Glad I made you smile bettina..

Very useful things, are playpens Trish xxx

Hehehehehe Glad that you enjoyed it Kellan.. thanks I feel heaps better , it was just a tummy upset..xxx

Great story Lou. hehehe Glad that I could put a spark into your day. lol..

Thanks everyone xxx Kim xxx

Anonymous said...

neat..

happy to hear ya feeling better..

frog ponds rock... said...

thanks Taz.. I don't get sick very often.. but when I do it is generally a tummy bug that nails me...

Anonymous said...

I kept my oldest in one of those playpens. Wish I had thought to electrify it...

Tasina said...

How funny. Truly brills with the writing - I could just see the thing being created.