Thursday, January 17, 2008

Tomato Relish..

I bought an half case of tomatoes today. I am going to make relish..but totally addicted err um considerate blogger that I am *sigh* I am going to share My Grand Mother's Tomato Relish Recipe with you first.. * hehehe*

12 lbs tomatoes
2lbs onions (chopped)
2 tablespoons of curry powder
3 tablespoons of mustard powder
2lbs of sugar
4 cups of vinegar

Put chopped Tomatoes and onions into pan, sprinkle with salt and stand overnight.
In the morning drain the liquid from the pan. Make a paste with curry and mustard powder and some of the liquid. Place all ingredients into the pan and bring to the boil. Simmer for approximately 1 and 1/2 hours.. put relish into sterilised jars while still hot and seal..

cheers kim

4 comments:

Veronica Foale said...

I will have to make this once we are in the new place.

Anonymous said...

mmm..

i love tomato relish..

Unknown said...

This sounds good. I've never tried tomato relish. Pickle relish is the only common relish here as far as I know. Tomato mixtures like this are eaten raw. I love it that way...I'd love to try this.

frog ponds rock... said...

I didn't follow the recipe exactly von.. I made this yesterday as I was doing my 100 things post..

taz: mmm me too..

I added a few things Sniz.. Like a good shake of dried basil 3 or 4 tbs at least.. and some cracked black pepper.. enjoy..